Cadets are ambassadors for South Yorkshire Police acting as mentors and role models within their communities.
The overarching aim of the Cadet Scheme is to:
- Give responsible, civic minded young people a positive experience with South Yorkshire Police
- Develop positive relationships with the next generation
- Provide young people with an opportunity to develop themselves within an established framework based around law and the police
- Encourage young people to act as peer role models
- Applicants must live in South Yorkshire
- Applicants must be aged between 15 and 17, full details can be found here.
- Enthusiasm and commitment are essential
- No formal academic qualifications are needed
- Dedication to attend one evening per week for two hours is required
- A smart appearance is required in line with the South Yorkshire Police dress code
Please note that to qualify, you will need to successfully pass Force vetting procedure and an 8-week probationary period.
For more information please click here.
If you are over 18-years old, you might be interested in applying to become a Volunteer Cadet Leader.