Garages often contain valuable items, therefore the security of your garage is key.
Follow these crime prevention tips:
- If you have a household alarm fitted, consider extending the system to cover your garage. This should be a relatively cheap and effective way of protecting your garage. Having a 'bell box' fitted to your garage would offer an additional deterrent
- Fit strong locks and hardware to garage doors
- It is good practice to fit British Standard approved locks to all your external doors and this includes integral garage doors. For further information and advice on suitable locks contact the Master Locksmiths Association on 01327 262 255 or visit www.locksmiths.co.uk
- Consider lockable steel boxes or anchor posts fitted to the floor to secure tools and equipment
- There is a variety of approved security products available on the following websites: